[NTG-context] xtables: rowwise, columnwise, and cellwise opera

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:13:11 CET 2018

> jdh <mailto:dhenman at gmail.com>
> 6. Januar 2018 um 23:42
> You're right, the manual says what you pasted.
> I agree that it is logical and makes sense, but the actual program
> does not
> do it. My version is: "mtx-context
>
> I was using: version: 2017.08.29 19:35
> I updated to: version: 2018.01.05 19:26
>

> Reality does not match the manual page you quated.
> I recommend that you test before you send out manual pages which are
> not accurate with the actual processing.

The description for the \startxcell command was written two years ago
and nothing
has changed since then but you have use the \setupxtable command to create
a named setup.

\setupxtable[emphasized][foregroundstyle=italic]

\starttext

\startxtable[width=4cm,height=4cm,align={middle,lohi}]
     \startxrow
         \startxcell
             Default settings
         \stopxcell
         \startxcell[emphasized]
             Named settings
         \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
     \startxrow
         \startxcell[foregroundcolor=red]
             Direct settings
         \stopxcell
         \startxcell[emphasized][foregroundcolor=red]
             Named + direct settings
         \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
\stopxtable