[NTG-context] speaker notes in context presentations

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jan 3 14:32:58 CET 2018

On 1/3/2018 11:34 AM, Gour wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm about to start working on series of slide-show presentations for
> educational/teaching purposes...
>
> While I was investigating the possibility of using (Pandoc) Markdowm to author
> prsentation, I noticed that e.g. reveal.js
> (https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js) has capability to create 'speaker
> notes':
>
> "reveal.js comes with a speaker notes plugin which can be used to present
> per-slide notes in a separate browser window. The notes window also gives you a
> preview of the next upcoming slide so it may be helpful even if you haven't
> written any notes. Press the 's' key on your keyboard to open the notes window.
>
> A speaker timer starts as soon as the speaker view is opened. You can reset it
> to 00:00:00 at any time by simply clicking/tapping on it."
>
> However, just a thought that I would have to deal with downloading npm stuff,
> running local server etc. instead of just having single PDF file is not
> attractive to me at all.
>
> However, I know that one can do it with LaTeX Beamer class - see e.g.
>
> https://gist.github.com/andrejbauer/ac361549ac2186be0cdb
>
> and there are even applications to help with that like pdfpc:
>
> https://github.com/pdfpc/pdfpc
>
> and wonder what would be the best way to do it in ConTeXt and/or whether
> someone has some experience with ConTeXt-generated PDFs and e.g. pdfpc?
adding comments is not too hard ... here is a probably unknown trick:

\setuppagecomment[state=start,location=right]

\starttext

\startpagecomment
     \input knuth
\stoppagecomment

\input ward

\page

\startpagecomment
     \input tufte
\stoppagecomment

\input klein

\stoptext

i remember using it for annotating presentations more than a decade ago