[NTG-context] speaker notes in context presentations

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Wed Jan 3 11:34:40 CET 2018

Hello!

I'm about to start working on series of slide-show presentations for
educational/teaching purposes...

While I was investigating the possibility of using (Pandoc) Markdowm to author
prsentation, I noticed that e.g. reveal.js
(https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js) has capability to create 'speaker
notes':

"reveal.js comes with a speaker notes plugin which can be used to present
per-slide notes in a separate browser window. The notes window also gives you a
preview of the next upcoming slide so it may be helpful even if you haven't
written any notes. Press the 's' key on your keyboard to open the notes window.

A speaker timer starts as soon as the speaker view is opened. You can reset it
to 00:00:00 at any time by simply clicking/tapping on it."

However, just a thought that I would have to deal with downloading npm stuff,
running local server etc. instead of just having single PDF file is not
attractive to me at all.

However, I know that one can do it with LaTeX Beamer class - see e.g.

https://gist.github.com/andrejbauer/ac361549ac2186be0cdb

and there are even applications to help with that like pdfpc:

https://github.com/pdfpc/pdfpc

and wonder what would be the best way to do it in ConTeXt and/or whether
someone has some experience with ConTeXt-generated PDFs and e.g. pdfpc?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,