[NTG-context] professional looking tables

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Dec 22 16:56:45 CET 2016

On 12/22/2016 4:02 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
> Pablo Rodriguez írta:
>> On 12/18/2016 07:19 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
>>> Dear context users:
>>> [...]
>>> I see that context offers several table environments. Which one of them
>>> is suitable for making  professional (publication quality) tables?
>>> [...]
>>> Is this feasible in current context?
>>
>> Dear Csikos,
>>
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xtables-mkiv.pdf is your
>> friend here.
>
> Thank you. I started to learn xtables but I have problems. When I use
> toffset and boffset the table is not rendered correctly. The width of the
> columns are not correct, the defined widths are not applied to the columns.
> See my example code below and the corresponding pdf result, xtables example 1.
> I use context beta standalone: ConTeXt  ver: 2016.10.12 17:26 MKIV beta  fmt: 2016.10.13  int: english/english.
>
> Code:
>
> \starttext
>
> xtables example 1
>
> \startxtable[frame=off,topframe=on,bottomframe=on,toffset=0.4cm,boffset=0.6cm]
>     \startxrow
>         \startxcell[width=4cm] First Column \stopxcell
>         \startxcell[width=5cm] Second Column \stopxcell
>         \startxcell[width=2cm] Third Column \stopxcell
>     \stopxrow
>     \startxrow
>         \startxcell Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis, semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Lorem ipsum \stopxcell
>     \stopxrow
>     \startxrow
>         \startxcell Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Pellentesque \stopxcell
>     \stopxrow
> \startxrow
>         \startxcell Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \stopxcell
>         \startxcell Donec \stopxcell
>     \stopxrow
> \stopxtable
>
> \stoptext
>
> How can I fix this?

\setupxtable[one]  [width=4cm]
\setupxtable[two]  [width=5cm]
\setupxtable[three][width=2cm]

\startxtable[frame=off,topframe=on,bottomframe=on,toffset=0.4cm,boffset=0.6cm]
     \startxrow
         \startxcell[one]   First Column \stopxcell
         \startxcell[two]   Second Column \stopxcell
         \startxcell[three] Third Column \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
     \startxrow
         \startxcell[one]   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis, semper quis fringilla ut,
viverra nec risus. \stopxcell
         \startxcell[two]   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. \stopxcell
         \startxcell[three] Lorem ipsum \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
     \startxrow
         \startxcell[one]   Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique
senectus et netus \stopxcell
         \startxcell[two]   Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique
senectus et netus \stopxcell
         \startxcell[three] Pellentesque \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
     \startxrow
         \startxcell[one]   Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales
eget \stopxcell
         \startxcell[two]   Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales
eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \stopxcell
         \startxcell[three] Donec \stopxcell
     \stopxrow
\stopxtable