[NTG-context] Different column modes and NAW

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:19:54 CET 2016

Dear list,

I just realized that the very nice articles in "Nieuw archief voor
Wiskunde" (see http://www.nieuwarchief.nl/serie5/index.php?deel=17&nummer=4&taal=1
) are typeset with ConTeXt (at least it says so at
http://www.nieuwarchief.nl/homeitems.php?onderwerp=2&taal=1).

I get curious. Does anyone here know what column mode (i.e.
\startcolumn \stopcolumn, \startmixedcolumn\stopmixedcolumn,
columnsets or even the new module newcolumnsets?) they use, and how
they get mathematics to play with it without breaking the grid?

Also, if I start to write a new document with two columns today (it
will contain lots of images and lots of formulas and enumerations),
which column mode is the preferred one? Is there any documentation
(except the source) for the newcolumnsets? I want to be able to have
images span both columns and it would be nice if it played well with
sections as well.

Best regards, Mikael