[NTG-context] floatcombination alignment has changed?

Christoph Reller christoph.reller at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:23:14 CET 2016

On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 20:27:12 +0900, Jeong Dal <haksan at me.com> wrote:
> I don’t know how to put figures horizontally using “\startfloatcombination”.
> Is there any reason to use “\startfloatcombination”?

Dear Dalyoung,

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, \startcombinantion produces
centered combinations by default.

The problem is, that within the combination I would like to use floats
defined with \setupfloat. This is not supported by \startcombination.

I noticed that line 490 of pack-com.mkiv has an added \dontleavehmode
in the definition of \pack_combinations_start_float. When deleting
this, the combination is centered. What is the reason for
\dontleavehmode here?

Is packing floats inside a floatcombination not recommended in general?

Any feedback is welcome

Cheers,
Christoph