[NTG-context] question about \setupitemgroup

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri Dec 9 01:27:15 CET 2016

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

> I have the following sample:
>
>    \setupwhitespace[5em]
>    \startsetups[smallwspa]
>        \setupwhitespace[small]
>        \setupblank[small]
>    \stopsetups
>    \setupitemize[each][indenting=no, setups=smallwspa]

The setupitemize command does not accept the setups key.

>    \starttext
>    \input knuth
>
>    \startitemize
>    \dorecurse{5}{\item this is my item\par
>                        second paragraph\par
>                        third paragraph
>                        }
>    \stopitemize
>    \stoptext
>
> I’m trying to get a \blank[small] separation for paragraphs inside items
> and a \blank[medium] separation between items.
>
> I’m afraid that neither the after, inbetween and setups keys are working?
>
> How could I get these different separations for items and for paragraphs
> inside them?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

One workaround is to abuse the option key.

\setupwhitespace[5em]
\startsetups[smallwhitespace]
     \setupwhitespace[small]
     \setupblank[small]
\stopsetups
\unprotect
\setvalue{\??itemgroupkeyword SmallWhiteSpace}{\setups{smallwhitespace}}
\protect

\setupitemize[option=SmallWhiteSpace, indenting=no, inbetween={\blank[1cm]}]

\starttext
\input knuth

\startitemize
\dorecurse{5}{\item this is my item\par
                     second paragraph\par
                     third paragraph
                     }
\stopitemize
\stoptext

@Hans: Could you add a setups key to \startitemgroup? One could abuse the
before key, but that is not always executed.

Aditya