[NTG-context] Different text versions in columns?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Nov 24 21:13:36 CET 2016

Am 2016-11-22 um 23:01 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>:

>> Henning Hraban Ramm 22. November 2016 um 21:42
>> Hi, this is related to the current thread about TwoColumns, but different:
>>
>> For changes in bylaws or similar legal texts, I need to typeset the old and new version side by side, while paragraphs should start at the same height, different lengths of paragraphs to be balanced with whitespace. I’d like to have both versions on one page (i.e. in columns).
>>
>> That means, the streams module is not suitable, if it would work in MkIV at all.
>> Is there a better solution than using a table? (And which one is best?)
> 1. Streams work in MkIV
> 2. The MkIV version has a command to set sync points.
>
> Only the mechanism to create pages/columns for the stream content is missing.

Thank you.
I recognized what’s really demanding in my case:
I need numbered headers in two versions.
E.g.

Current bylaws   | Proposed changes

§1 Preamble      | §1 Preamble
1. Bla           | 1. Bla
2. Foo           | 2. Bar
3. Baz           | 3. Baz

§2 Something     | §2 Something different

                 | §2a Something new

§3 Further       | §3 Further

Any ideas how I can achieve that? Should I better forget about automatical numbering?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net