[NTG-context] Problem with setuptagging and ebgaramond font

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Mon Nov 21 16:38:15 CET 2016

On 2016-11-21 05:59, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/21/2016 2:54 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:

>>> hard to comment when i cannot reproduce it
>>
>> The problem can be reproduced on my Windows 10 system by removing
>> existing EBGaramond12 and installing EBGaramond12 from version 0.015d,
>> followed by a cache clear. It is available on Georg Duffner's bitbucket
>> at https://bitbucket.org/georgd/eb-garamond/downloads. The problem I had
>> before was ensuring that the old versions of the font files were
>> actually removed -- I found versions with _0 and _1 suffixes that did
>> not show up in explorer and were not removable by an administrator in a
>> command prompt terminal. Other tools allowed their removal.
>
> the softhyphen in ebgaramond has zero width and no visualization .. i
> can patch that in the font (when loading) but can also consider it a
> bug in the font
>
> (i'll make it configurable in tagging but that only obscures the issue)
>
> Hans

Thank you, Hans.

As I said earlier, this is not a problem with the current version
(0.016) of the font, so a fix in ConTeXt is not needed unless it can
remediate the issue with other fonts as well.

My concern is that there was something that was amiss when tagging is in
effect and I thought that this might help expose it.

--
Rik