[NTG-context] Problem with setuptagging and ebgaramond font

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Sun Nov 20 02:48:40 CET 2016

This was submitted over a year ago, but probably got lost in the run-up
to the 2015 annual meeting. It is still a problem with ConTeXt  ver:
2016.11.18 22:20 MKIV beta  fmt: 2016.11.19  int: english/english
luajittex, 1.0.1. I am happy to provide a pdf and log file, or other
traces, if that helps.

%% When tagging state=start and the font is ebgaramond,
%%  no hyphens are printed at word breaks.
%%
%% When tagging state=start and the font is libertine,
%%  or any font other than ebgaramond that I have tried,
%%  hyphens are printed at word breaks.
%%
%% When tagging is not started and the font is ebgaramond,
%%  hyphens _are_ printed at word breaks.
%%

  \setuptagging[state=start]% remove this line for comparison
  \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond]% \setupbodyfont[libertine]

  \starttext

    \hsize7cm

    \input zapf \par
    \input zapf \par