[NTG-context] Strange spurious character

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:03:16 CET 2016

Hi Hans,

After having updated my installation of ConTeXt, I noticed the presence of a spurious « ß » character at the top of every document, or sometimes in the footer, or in the header.
Also in the example below the text is typeset with bold italic, even though there is no request for it.

Here is a minimal example:
%%%% begin bug-beta.tex
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][palatino]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][palatino]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

Why is there a « ß » LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S  above?

Why is the text in bold italic?

\stoptext
%%%% end bug-beta.tex

Best regards: OK