[NTG-context] table and \setuptables questions

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Nov 17 14:13:59 CET 2016

On 11/11/2016 4:26 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
> Dear list members:
>
> I have this simple table:
>
> \starttext
> \placetable[here]{title}{
> \setuptables[bodyfont=8pt,rulethickness=0.04em]
> \start
> \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
> \starttable[|lp(5cm)|lp(5cm)|cp(2cm)|]
> \HL[2]
> \NC \bf First Column \NC \bf Second Column \NC \bf Third Column \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur massa turpis,
> semper quis fringilla ut, viverra nec risus. \NC Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. \NC Lorem ipsum \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus
> \NC Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus \NC Pellentesque \NC \SR
> \HL
> \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget Donec nunc lorem, sollicitudin vel sodales eget \NC Donec \NC \SR
> \HL[2]
> \stoptable
> \stop}
> \stoptext
>
> I have some questions related to the above table.
>
> 1. How can I set the distance between the text (in rows) and the rule above and  below the text, separately?
> I find that the rules are too close to the text. I tried \setuptables' height and depth options but those are
> not what I need, I guess. What are height and depth options are for exactly?

it's not configurable

i'll an openup key

\unprotect

\def\tabl_table_normal_full_rule
   {\starttablenoalign
    \!ttGetHalfRuleThickness
    \scratchdistance\directtablesparameter\c!openup
    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
    \hrule\s!height\scratchdimen\s!depth\scratchdimen
    \ifzeropt\scratchdistance\else\kern\scratchdistance\fi
    \stoptablenoalign}

\setuptables
   [\c!openup=\zeropoint]

\protect

% \setuplocalinterlinespace[2.2ex]
\setuptables
   [openup=-.2ex]

> 2.  Can \setuptables[bodyfont=...] option use font sizes as \tfa, \tfb, \tfc, \tfx, \tfxx, or point size has to be
> set explicitly?

indeed