[NTG-context] Another question about definerefereformat

Benjamin Buchmuller benjamin.buchmuller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:35:08 CET 2016

Here is another question, I was wondering about.

What is the ConTeXt’s way to provide the “right” (or “left”) argument when \definereferenceformat[text=…] is set?

Starting from this example:

\starttext

\definereferenceformat[infig][text={Figure }]

\startplacefigure[reference=fig:A]

Some figure.

\stopplacefigure

This is \infig[fig:A].

\stoptext

I would like to output “This is Figure 1 a.” Obviously I can type “This is \infig[fig:A]\,a.” to get the desired result; however it does not seem very “ConTeXt-ish” to me as “This is \in{Figure}{a}[fig:A].” is much more concise. Is there the possibility to have something like \infig[right=a][fig:A]?

Thanks again.

Benjamin