[NTG-context] directlua in xml-environment

Meer, Hans van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Sun Nov 13 14:56:56 CET 2016

Here is something I do not understand. Possibly I am doing something wrong.

The following code is fine, within <<>> the current contextversion is printed.
  \def\mymacro{\directlua{tex.print("\\contextversion")}}
  \starttext
   calling mymacro <<\mymacro>>\par
  \stoptext

However calling \mymacro from inside \startxmlsetup .. \stopxmlsetup does not work and results in <<\contextversion>>. I guess that the catcode regime in that environment is to blame.
But how do I change that in order to get things working? I looked into the LuaTeX-manual where catcodes in relation to tex.print are treated, but in vain and could not find how to.

What do I have to change?

Hans van der Meer