[NTG-context] Vim wiki page updated

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:20:30 CET 2016

On 02/11/2016 19:39, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
 > On Tue, 1 Nov 2016, Nicola wrote:
 >
 >> I have updated the Vim page at ConTeXt Garden:
 >>
 >>     http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Vim
 >>
 >> It may be considered as the official documentation of the ConTeXt
 >> scripts in Vim, as the only other documentation is the source code
 >
 > Hi Nicola,
 >
 > I wonder if you have seen my vim runtime files:
 > https://github.com/adityam/vim-context

Unfortunately not, I worked only on those already in Vim.

 > The main file to look at is the syntax highlighting file. I haven't
 > compared
 > carefully with your version (haven't installed vim 8 yet), but there
are a
 > few differences. It may be worthwhile to merge the two syntax files.

Ok, I will take a look. I see that your file does not depend on
plaintex.vim. It might be a good idea to remove that dependency...

 > The metapost syntax highlighting file defines a few keywords that are
 > used by
 > metafun. Could these be merged to your mp syntax highlighting file?

The syntax scripts in Vim already cover all of MetaFun. MetaFun keywords
are highlighted by default inside ConTeXt documents; for MetaPost files
('mp' filetype), you must put

   let g:mp_metafun_macros = 1

into your vimrc.

 > The indent file is adapted from (I think) latex-suite's indent file with
 > modificiations that suit my taste. I am not sure these should go into
 > the default vim indent file, but it may be worthwhile for you to take a
 > quick look.

MetaPost indentation is tough. I have rewritten the indent script in Vim
from scratch, and now it works reasonably well. I will try yours, but
you might try the one currently in Vim, too.

 > The ftplugin file mainly contains shortcuts like `a expand to α, etc;
 > again,
 > adapted from latex-suite (which in-turn borred the idea from auctex).
These
 > depend on a ftplugin file provided by latex-suite. There were also a few
 > macros to reflow text, but your code is more robust and has more
features.

I will look into those, too. Do you know that Vim has built-in support
for digraphs (:h digraphs)? For example, α can be obtained by typing
<c-k>a* in Insert mode.

 > The compiler file is old and I haven't tested it in a few years, so
please
 > ignore it.

OK.

I could maybe create a GitHub repository, to make it easier to merge
your work.

Nicola