[NTG-context] Vim wiki page updated

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Nov 2 19:39:07 CET 2016

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016, Nicola wrote:

> I have updated the Vim page at ConTeXt Garden:
>
>     http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Vim
>
> It may be considered as the official documentation of the ConTeXt
> scripts in Vim, as the only other documentation is the source code :)

Hi Nicola,

I wonder if you have seen my vim runtime files:
https://github.com/adityam/vim-context

The main file to look at is the syntax highlighting file. I haven't compared
carefully with your version (haven't installed vim 8 yet), but there are a
few differences. It may be worthwhile to merge the two syntax files.

The metapost syntax highlighting file defines a few keywords that are used by
metafun. Could these be merged to your mp syntax highlighting file?

The indent file is adapted from (I think) latex-suite's indent file with
modificiations that suit my taste. I am not sure these should go into the
default vim indent file, but it may be worthwhile for you to take a quick
look.

The ftplugin file mainly contains shortcuts like `a expand to α, etc; again,
adapted from latex-suite (which in-turn borred the idea from auctex). These
depend on a ftplugin file provided by latex-suite. There were also a few
macros to reflow text, but your code is more robust and has more features.

The compiler file is old and I haven't tested it in a few years, so please
ignore it.

Thanks,
Aditya