[NTG-context] marginal heads as standard option?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Oct 26 13:50:41 CEST 2016

On 10/25/2016 9:06 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hans,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>     \setuphead[section][alternative=margin]
>     \starttext
>     \section{afeasdf}
>     \input knuth
>
>     \section{afeasfdf}
>     \input zapf
>     \stoptext
>
> Would it be possible to have value to the "alternative" key that
> automatically places the head on the margin? I mean, not only the
> number, but the whole title.
>
> Probably this option should allow the user to set head in the inner,
> outer, left and right margins.
>
> I know that it should be possible with an extra command, but consider
> that "reverse" is also a value for the "alternative",
>
> Many thanks for your help,

I'll add something

% \definemargindata
%   [margintext:chapter]
%   [margintext:section]

% \defineheadalternative
%   [margintext:chapter]
%   [margintext]
%   [margintext=margintext:chapter]

% \setuphead
%   [chapter]
%   [alternative=margintext:chapter]

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [alternative=margintext]

that uses the margindata margintext:section but no special rendering
options because demands can differ