[NTG-context] Example of Equivalent of Beamer with \onslide

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Oct 22 21:32:58 CEST 2016

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016, B.A.Lee wrote:

> Sorry, I cannot help but ask for the functionalities that came with
> Beamer. But these are the essential ones.

The ConTeXt stepping mechanism uses javascript and works only on Adobe
Acrobat. For that reason, jI use some homegrown macros for stepping
through my slides. These are not as feature rich as beamer macros, but get
the work done.

I had not designed them for stepping through math, but they can be used
for that purpose. For example, the following file:

\environment steps.tex
\setuppapersize[S5]

\starttext

\StartStepping 4
   \startformula
     \frac{ \ONLY 1 \phantom {-b  \ONLY 2 \phantom {{}\pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}} }}
          { 2a }
   \stopformula

\StopStepping

\stoptext

gives the attached pdf file. If you want to use them to step through math,
then it may be better to create a wrapper around \ONLY n \phantom to save
some typing.

These were meant for private consumption, so they are not documented. But
you can look at some examples of the resultant output at my website:
http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~amahaj1/talks.html

Aditya