[NTG-context] Footnotes in footnotes

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 18:35:32 CEST 2016

Hi Jose Luis,

Indeed the example you sent does not work as expected, but as far as I remember for nested footnotes one can use the following construction (I found this exmaple in my archives…):

%%%% begin nested-footnotes.tex
\starttext

This\footnote{Or that\note[footB], if you prefer.}%
\footnotetext[footB]{Or possibly even the other\note[footC].}%
\footnotetext[footC]{It could be something entirely different.}
is a sentence with nested footnotes.

\stoptext
%%%% end nested-footnotes.tex

Best regards: OK