[NTG-context] Parsing ConTeXt errors

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:27:01 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to parse ConTeXt errors. TeX and Lua errors seem easy to parse
(search for 'tex error' and 'lua error', respectively), but I have a couple of
problems with MetaPost messages.

First, when there are MetaPost errors, context/mtxrun exits with a zero exit
code. Is that intentional?

Second, as far as I see, there is no way to locate the error in the source
from the log. I can only retrieve the file causing the error (by searching for
an 'open source' line - very useful, btw), but no line number.

Am I missing something? I think it would be very useful to have at least an
approximate indication of the position of a MetaPost error.

Nicola