[NTG-context] How to use "fontsampler example" with Persian font

Mingranina Gingranina mingranina at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 05:44:54 CEST 2016

Dear Wolfgang
 Hello,

First of all, let me thank you very much for your informative answer.

On 10/10/16, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mingranina Gingranina <mailto:mingranina at gmail.com>
>> 7. Oktober 2016 um 17:41
>> Dear Mohammad,
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your reply. I forgot to mention that I had
>> modified the fontsampler codes so that I can use it in ConTeXt with
>> Dabeer module.
> 1. What is Dabeer?

It is a module for Persian typesetting in ConTeXt. Please see:
https://github.com/bateni/dabeer

> 2. You can access the list of known fonts with the "fonts.names.list"
> function:
>
> \setuppapersize[A4,landscape]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startluacode
>
> local fontlist = fonts.names.list("",true,true)
>
> context.starttabulate({"|l|l|"})
> for fontname, fontentry in next, fontlist do
>      context.NC()
>      context(fontentry["rawname"])
>      context.NC()
>      context(fontentry["filename"])
>      context.NC()
>      context.NR()
> end
> context.stoptabulate()
>
> \stopluacode
>
> \stoptext
>> However, inspired by your reply I could get it to work in LuaTeX but
>> not in ConTeXt with Dabeer module.
>>
>> Are there any other set of features that I can test?
> ConTeXt inludes a few modules which can be used to show font information
> (search for s-fonts-*.mkiv|mkvi and s-math-*.mkiv|mkvi), below is a
> example from s-fonts-tables.mkiv:
>
> \usemodule[fonts-tables]
>
> \setupbodyfont[pagella]
>
> \starttext
> \showfonttables[title={TeX Gyre Pagella}]
> \stoptext

I am a novice in LuaTeX and ConTeXt and to learn these I tried to
modify FontSampler code (http://wiki.luatex.org/index.php/Fontsampler)
to get a sample of Persian fonts in a directory hierarchy too.

BTW, at the moment my problem with LuaTeX is that the page numbering
is in english. Do you know how to change the page numbering to Persian
in LuaTeX?

 Thanks,
 Mingranina