[NTG-context] Resume module with moderncv interface

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:29:22 CEST 2016

> Jonas Baggett <mailto:jonasb at tranquille.ch>
> 6. Oktober 2016 um 13:38
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the resume module with the moderncv interface
> without any success so far. I have errors when I am trying to use any
> of the added commands like \setresumevalue or \cvline. Log file is
> attached.
>
> Here is my context file (CV.tex) :
>

> \usemodule[resume][interface=moderncv,style=casual]
>
> \starttext
>
> \setresumevalue{firstname} {John}
> \setresumevalue{familyname}{Doe}
>
> \startresume
>
> \cvline{A} {B}
>
> \stopresume
>
> \stoptext
>

> I have compared the list of the installed files of an old version of
> the ubuntu context-modules package
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/fr/precise/all/context-modules/filelist)
> with a recent one
> (http://packages.ubuntu.com/fr/xenial/all/context-modules/filelist)
> and it seems to me that the moderncv interface was removed in ConTeXt
> some time ago. Is it really the case ?
Yes, the moderncv interface is gone (together with the alternative
interfaces for the letter module) but you can see a different method
below. If you really want a copy of the moderncv package for ConTeXt you
should convert the LaTeX code to ConTeXt and make a separate module for it.

%%%% begin example
\usemodule[resume]

%\useresumestyle[casual-blue]
\useresumestyle[classic-blue]

\setupresumeoptions
   [bodyfont=calluna]

\setupresume
   [firstname=John,
    familyname=Doe,
    title=ResumeĢ title (optional),% classic style only
    quote=My quote,% casual style only
    image={\externalfigure[dummy][width=3cm,height=4cm]}]

\setupresume
   [street={street and number},
    town={postcode city},
    mobile={+1(234)567890},
    phone={+2(345)678901},
    fax={+3(456)789012},
    email={john at doe.org},
    info={additional information}]

\startresume

\startresumesection[title={Knuth}]

\startresumesubsection[title={Zapf}]

\starttwocolumns
\input ward
\stoptwocolumns

\stopresumesubsection

\stopresumesection

\page

\startresumesection[title={Knuth}]

\startresumesubsection[title={Zapf}]

\starttwocolumns
\input ward
\stoptwocolumns

\stopresumesubsection

\stopresumesection

\stopresume
%%%% end example

To add dates to entries you can use the lefttext key for the twocolumns
environment, e.g.

\starttwocolumns[lefttext=...]
\stoptwocolumns

Wolfgang