[NTG-context] How to use "fontsampler example" with Persian font

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:38:39 CEST 2016

> Mingranina Gingranina <mailto:mingranina at gmail.com>
> 7. Oktober 2016 um 17:41
> Dear Mohammad,
> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I forgot to mention that I had
> modified the fontsampler codes so that I can use it in ConTeXt with
> Dabeer module.
1. What is Dabeer?

2. You can access the list of known fonts with the "fonts.names.list"
function:

\setuppapersize[A4,landscape]

\starttext

\startluacode

local fontlist = fonts.names.list("",true,true)

context.starttabulate({"|l|l|"})
for fontname, fontentry in next, fontlist do
     context.NC()
     context(fontentry["rawname"])
     context.NC()
     context(fontentry["filename"])
     context.NC()
     context.NR()
end
context.stoptabulate()

\stopluacode

\stoptext
> However, inspired by your reply I could get it to work in LuaTeX but
> not in ConTeXt with Dabeer module.
>
> Are there any other set of features that I can test?
ConTeXt inludes a few modules which can be used to show font information
(search for s-fonts-*.mkiv|mkvi and s-math-*.mkiv|mkvi), below is a
example from s-fonts-tables.mkiv:

\usemodule[fonts-tables]

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext
\showfonttables[title={TeX Gyre Pagella}]
\stoptext

Wolfgang