[NTG-context] fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 6 09:49:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

At the last context meeting it was decided that he groups will support
the upcoming stages of the tex gyre font project. The work is done by
the polish font gurus and so far they have been funded by the user
groups. However, this time not all groups join in, while still
substantial funding is needed for this stage that will run for several
years.

For a while there is already an entry for the project on:

https://www.tug.org/donate/dev.html

If you use the free math fonts you might consider donating there. After
all, we depend on these fonts and there is still work to do: adding
symbols to text fonts, a bold (heavy) companion for titling, a sans for
titling, a monospaced math font for editing and manuals, completion,
etc. The font folks have always delivered so donations will be well
spent. ConTeXt has always been the first to use these fonts and I sort
of assume that we will get these additions done as well, as it will make
our live so much easier.