[NTG-context] prevent indent after usage of defined itemgroup

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:01:27 CEST 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mikael,
>>
>> I don’t feel you ask weird questions at all… As far as I am concerned, when I cannot help answer a question I don’t reply, but usually I test what you send.
>>
>> Regarding what you are mentionning, it seems that the following works fine to achieve what you want, but I don’t know why the indentnext keyword does have any effect.
>>
>> Best regards: OK
>> %%%% Test file
>> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>>
>> \defineitemgroup[abc]
>> \setupitemgroup[abc][each][a,columns,three]
>>         [stopper=,
>>         right=),
>>         margin=0pt,
>>         before={\blank[big]},
>>         after={\blank[big]\noindent}, % here is the change
>>         inbetween={\blank[medium]}]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \input knuth.tex
>> \startabc
>> \startitem First \stopitem
>> \startitem Second \stopitem
>> \startitem Third \stopitem
>> \stopabc
>> This text should not be indented. \input ward.tex
>>

>> \stoptext
>> %%% End test file
>>
>>> On 3 Oct 2016, at 14:18, Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I don't know if I ask weird questions or if people are just occupied.
>>> If I break some rule, please tell me... Anyways, here is another one:
>>>
>>> It seems that the indentnext is ignored below. The resulting pdf is
>>> attached. I use a rather updated ConTeXt standalone.
>>>
>>> %%% Test file
>>> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>>>
>>> \defineitemgroup[abc]
>>> \setupitemgroup[abc][each][a,columns,three][stopper=,right=),margin=0pt,before={\blank[big]},after={\blank[big]},inbetween={\blank[medium]},indentnext=no]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \startabc
>>> \startitem First \stopitem
>>> \startitem Second \stopitem
>>> \startitem Third \stopitem
>>> \stopabc
>>> This text should not be indented.
>>> \stoptext
>>> %%% End test file
>>>
>>> /Mikael
>>> <ctx-example12.pdf>___________________________________________________________________________________
>>> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

>>> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
>>> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
>>> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
>
> Many thanks, Otared. Your solution indeed works.
>
> Best regards, Mikael

just a note and a small follow-up question. The \noindent implied a
problem if the \startabc \stopabc was inside another itemize (which it
usually is, since it is a) b) c) exercises), since then the space
specified in after= in both environments added up. The solution was to
use \noindentation instead of \noindent. I don't know why, though.

The small problem: In the file below, the text below is too close to
the integrals (this only happens if one has symbols like large
integral signs, otherwise the space is fine). Is there a way to handle
this automatically, or should I simply add a \blank manually in this
case?

Best regards, Mikael

%%% Test file
\setupindenting[yes,medium]

\defineitemgroup[abc]
\setupitemgroup[abc][each][a,columns,three][
stopper=,
right=),
margin=0pt,
before={\blank[medium]},
after={\blank[medium]\noindentation},
inbetween={\blank[small]},
]

\starttext
\startabc[two]
\startitem $\displaystyle\int x^3\,dx$ \stopitem
\startitem $\displaystyle\int e^{-s}\,ds$\stopitem
\startitem $\displaystyle\int \frac{1}{\sqrt{1-u^2}}\,du$ \quad
($|u|<1$)\stopitem
\startitem[Q:primitiva funktioner d] $\displaystyle\int
\frac{1}{t-1}\,dt$ \quad ($t>1$) \stopitem
\stopabc
How would the answer in \in{}{)}[Q:primitiva funktioner d] change if one instead
assumed $t<1$?
\stoptext
%%% End test file