[NTG-context] page range reference (how to compare references)

MF massifr at fastwebnet.it
Fri Sep 23 12:18:28 CEST 2016

Hello list,
I'm trying to reference a page range (think of a long quote spanning on
2 pages).

I need to discriminate ranges collapsing to one page from "real" ranges
(2 or more pages): "1-1" should become "1", while "1-2" should stay
like that.

Here's a not working snippet:

\starttext

Tufte quote at p.
\at[tufte:start]\doifelse{\ref[realpage][tufte:start]}{\ref[realpage][t
ufte:stop]}
{}
{-\at[tufte:stop]}

% start of quote reference
\pagereference[tufte:start]
\input{tufte}

%\page  % comment/uncomment this to toggle from range to single page

\input{tufte}
% end of quote reference
\pagereference[tufte:stop]

\stoptext

The \doifelse is always false, I think because \ref[realpage][...] is
not a string.

Thanks in advance.
BTW, best wishes for next week's meeting (hoping to join next year).
Best regards,
Massi