[NTG-context] Placement of numbers in numbered equations on the left

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Sep 11 03:46:23 CEST 2016

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Following up the previous bug report, I tried the latest version, ConTeXt  ver: 2016.09.09 08:21 MKIV beta, and noticed that you have solved one part of the problem with the placement of equation numbers on the left, when using \startalign.
> Actually the location of those equation numbers is correct as far as the horizontal distance is concerned, but it is not vertically.
> In the attached PDF (which is the result of the following example) one can see that equation number (5) is placed on the grid line 10, while it shoul dbe placed on line 11 in alignment with the corresponding formula. Moreover equation number (4) does not show up at all (that number should be placed a little bit below line 9 of the grid).

I think that we need to create a test suite for math alignment. The
sources for my old article on math alignment could be the initial source
of examples.

Unfortunately, these days I mostly use ConTeXt for presentations only (and
use LaTeX for articles). So, my own documents no longer serve as a test
suite for the math features.

Aditya