[NTG-context] Info about MetaPost

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:47:35 CEST 2016

Hi,
I write to this mailing list because the MetaPost mailing list has been
silent for a while. I hope it is ok.

I am getting to grips with MetaPost after a long hiatus, so I have not
followed recent developments. I see that the version shipped with
TeX Live 2016 is 1.9991 and that the current maintainer is Luigi.
My questions:

- What is the official MetaPost site (if there is any), with the latest
  source (superlec.fr does not seem up to date and I cannot find any
  code on CTAN)?

- Are there any release notes to know what has changed since version 1.90x?

- I know that LuaTeX uses an embedded version of MetaPost. Is that aligned
  with the stand-alone executable (mpost)?

Thanks in advance,
Nicola