[NTG-context] Typset Text on odd pages only

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Sep 9 08:10:33 CEST 2016

On 9/6/2016 5:48 PM, Michael Eidenbenz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to produce a doublesided document with text on the odd pages only and floats on the even pages.
>
> Can somebody guide me in the right direction?
>
> Will something like \doifoddpageelse {typsettext} {\page} work?

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided]

\starttext

     \newtoks \SavedFloats

     \appendtoks
         \the\SavedFloats
         \global\SavedFloats\emptytoks
         \page
     \to \everybeforeoutput

     \page[right]

     \dorecurse{100}{
         \input tufte
         \par
         \appendtoks
             \placefigure[here]{}{}
         \to \SavedFloats
         \input ward
         \par
     }

\stoptext

better is to hook it into the otr (flush spreads) and collect floats
differently so that the output routine can flush only as much as can be
on one page

i can't make time now to write that (can be a quick hack but that's not
ideal)