[NTG-context] Margin kerning for compounds

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:08:26 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I have constructed a better example (and eliminated a grammar error), see below.  I think what »|-|« does is essentially »-\penalty\zerocount\hskip\zeropoint«.  When I insert this as is the margin kerning is correct.  Still, I have no idea how to fix |-|.

Cheers, Henri

---

\showframe
\setuppapersize[A6][A6]
\definefontfeature
  [default][default]
  [protrusion=quality]

\setupalign[hanging]
\starttext
% this is margin kerned
Hyphenation of compound words is non-trivial

% this should be margin kerned but isn't
Hyphenation of compound words is non|-|trivial

% this does the same as |-| (?) and kerns properly
Hyphenation of compound words is non-\penalty\zerocount\hskip\zeropoint\relax trivial
\stoptext