[NTG-context] Indentation after margin float with caption

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:07:18 CEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is it possible to have a margin figure with caption, and automatically
> have the next paragraph indented? Look at the example below (pdf
> result attached). If I add the none argument to the float, then the
> next paragraph is indented. Otherwise not. Is it a bug or a feature?
>
> Best regards, Mikael
>
> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>
> \setupfloats[indentafter=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input tufte
>
> \placefigure[outermargin,middle]{}{\blackrule[width=1cm,height=1cm]}
>
> This should be indented, but it is not! \input tufte
>
> \input tufte
>
> \placefigure[outermargin,middle,none]{}{\blackrule[width=1cm,height=1cm]}
>
> This should be indented, and it is! But I want the caption. \input tufte
> \stoptext

Dear all,

since I got no answer here I cross posted on stackexchange (see
http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/328147/52406). Now, I got a solution to
this from Aditya. It seems that it is not yet clear to me (or Aditya,
as far as I understand from the reply) which float placements that
respects the \setupfloats[indentnext=yes] and which not. Or more
importantly, why.

To make this email thread more complete, the solution of Aditya adds

\unprotect
\def\page_one_place_float_auto
{\page_one_place_float_otherwise\nonoindentation}
\def\page_one_place_float_bottom
{\page_one_place_float_otherwise\nonoindentation}
\def\page_one_place_float_margin
{\page_margin_blocks_process_float\nonoindentation}
\def\page_one_place_float_leftmargin
{\page_one_place_float_side_indeed\page_sides_process_float_leftmargin\nonoindentation}
\def\page_one_place_float_rightmargin{\page_one_place_float_side_indeed\page_sides_process_float_rightmargin\nonoindentation}
\protect

(this kind of solution was also suggested in 2011 in an old thread,
see https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/058152.html)

/Mikael

PS I have a couple of more questions on the list that has not got any
response. I hope you don't mind me cross posting on stackexchange in
these cases.