[NTG-context] Get "right" numbers using blocks and enumerations

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:18:09 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to use blocks for answers in a text, but cannot get the
numbering to work as I want. I have read about \processblocks at the
wiki (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/processblocks), but I'm
not sure that is my cure. I probably miss something easy...

The problem is probably easiest shown by an example:

%%%
\defineblock[A]
\hideblocks[A]

\defineenumeration[A][
text=A,
prefix=yes,
prefixsegments=chapter,
way=bychapter,
]

\starttext

\chapter{First chapter}

\beginA
\startA
My first answer in the first chapter.
\stopA
\endA

\beginA
\startA
My second answer in the first chapter.
\stopA
\endA

\chapter{Second chapter}

\beginA
\startA
My first answer in the second chapter.
\stopA
\endA

\beginA
\startA
My second answer in the second chapter.
\stopA
\endA

\chapter{Answers}
\useblocks[A]
\stoptext
%%%

I get, in the Answer chapter

A 3.1, A 3.2, A 3.3 and A 3.4.

What I want to have in the answer chapter is

A 1.1, A 1.2, A 2.1 and A 2.2.

(to follow the numbering in the chapters where the blocks were defined).

Is it possible? What have I missed?

Related: Is there a better way to set answers to questions? (Perhaps
not having to write both the \begin... \start... \stop... \end... for
every question?

/Mikael