[NTG-context] \vfill shifts content off grid

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:18:37 CEST 2016

On 09/01/2016 01:53 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 9/1/2016 1:22 PM, Henri Menke wrote:

>>> that's how vfill works, you can try \vskip30\lineheight with a value you like
>>
>> Hm.  Then I'd like to reformulate my question:  How do I flush content to the bottom of the page when grid is enabled without having to specific how many lines to clear.
>
> trial and error:
>
> \vfilll \strut World \par \removedepth \page

This is not very satisfactory because it does not work unconditionally.  For instance with lucidaot it is still shifted off the grid.

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot,9pt]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid
\starttext
Hello

\vfill

World\strut\par\removedepth
\stoptext

I have come up with this other really hackish solution.  I just put the text on a layer and align this to the last line of the grid which I previously computed in Lua (Brrr).  Also, this has the disadvantage that text might flow into the layer (it's in the background).

\setupbodyfont[9pt]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid

\definelayer [flushbottom]
\setupbackgrounds [text] [background=flushbottom]
\edef\numberoflines{%
  \ctxlua{context(math.round(tex.dimen.textheight / tex.dimen.lineheight))}}

\starttext
Hello

\setlayer
  [flushbottom]
  [line=\numberoflines,location=grid]
  {World}
\stoptext

Is there really no way to have grid-consistent \vfill?  If there isn't please consider this a feature request.