[NTG-context] Caption placement in margin

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:59:52 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Henri Menke <henrimenke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I was trying to place float captions in the margin, which according to setup-en.pdf should work with location=outermargin, but it doesn't.  The MWE below reproduces this on TL 2016 and on http://live.contextgarden.net/.  Please fix.
>
> Cheers, Henri
>
> ---
>
> \setupfloatcaption
>   [figure]
>   [location=outermargin]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placefigure
>   [top]
>   {The famous dutch cow!}
>   {\externalfigure[cow]}

I have never noticed the setup \setupfloatcaption before, but I think
you have to add a top/middle/bottom or so to the outermargin, like

\setupfloatcaption[figure][location={outermargin,middle}]
\starttext

\placefigure
  [top]
  {The famous dutch cow!}
  {\externalfigure[cow]}
\stoptext

Another option might be to use \setupcaption (somebody could perhaps
tell the difference between \setupfloatcaption and \setupcaption?)

\setupcaption[figure][
location={outermargin,middle},
align=flushleft,
width=\marginwidth,
]

\starttext
\showframe%just to show where it ends up

\placefigure
  [top]
  {The famous dutch cow!}
  {\externalfigure[cow]}