[NTG-context] About \definefallbackfamily

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:31:31 CEST 2016

> Jose Luis Arellano <mailto:jose.4rellano at gmail.com>
> 29. August 2016 um 00:45
> Thanks Wolfgang,
>
> For now, am using this work around to get italic in maths:
>
> \definefallbackfamily[mainface][math][Minion
> Pro][tf=style:italic,preset=math:lowercaseitalic]
>
> I have another couple of questions:
>
> 1) I am using a font that have the feature onum enabled by default, so
> how can i unset this feature for math (lnum,tnum)?
You have to create a font feature where you change the number style and
apply it with the features key.

\definefontfeature[mathdigits][default][mode=base,onum=no,lnum=yes]

\definefallbackfamily [...] [mm] [...]
[preset=math:digitsnormal,features=mathdigits]

> 2) Is there any way to use only some symbols like +, - from Minion
> Pro in math mode?
You can select certain characters with the range key but you have to
know the unicode numbers.

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [rm] [Minion Pro]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [mm] [Minion Pro] [range={0x002b,0x2212}]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [mm] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\m{12 + -3}
\stoptext