[NTG-context] Dotted characters

Lukáš Procházka LPr at pontex.cz
Sat Aug 20 14:03:46 CEST 2016

Hello again,

the dotted font works perfectly.

I'm using Lua to generate sheets from a database which contains word-picture-picture2 records (see attached single page sample; I had to convert the image to .jpg to reduce file size).

One more question - is there a ConTeXt/Lua function which would assign a non-diacritical-character to that with diacritics, like:

Á => A
Š => S
Ý => Y etc.?

I'm asking as the "Trace Font for Kids" doesn't contain characters with diacritics...

Simple Lua table would do the job, like

----
remove_dia_czech =
{ ["é"] = "e",
   ["š"] = "s",
}
----

But string pattern in Lua with cp1250/UTF-8 might not be so easy as Lua pattern "." matches single char (or - better - one byte - I guess), so with UTF-8, chars with diacritics need more bytes; so the code

----
str = ("Řetězec with diacritics"):gsub(".", remove_dia_czech)
----

probably won't work.

And Ctx Lua could have a mechanism already...

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn
Bezová 1658
147 14 Praha 4

Tel: +420 241 096 751 (+420 720 951 172)
Fax: +420 244 461 038