[NTG-context] Using hyphen in math mode

Brian R. Landy brian at landy.cx
Tue Aug 16 18:56:04 CEST 2016

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to access the hyphen symbol
(0x002D) while in math mode?  I want to avoid the standard remapping to
Unicode minus 0x2212.  It would also be workable if I could select the
math font without switching to math mode.

The problem with an approach like \math{\text{-}} is that it switches
the font back to the text font and does not use the math font.  I.e, I'm
trying to get the true hyphen symbol set in whatever font is currently
defined for math mode.

Best regards,
Brian