[NTG-context] Problems with old style figures and particular font

Martin Oppegaard martin.oppegaard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:27:15 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I'm having problems getting old style figures and ligatures with the fbb
font. I'm using Tex live 2014 on OpenBSD 5.9 and context version
2014.05.21 22:04. otfinfo -f fbb-Regular.otf reports that it has onum
and liga, and it works fine with lualatex. I have tried with a
typescript and simplefont (the fbb font is being used in all three
cases); see attached examples. Do you have any suggestions?

% type-fbb.mkiv
\starttypescript [serif] [fbb] [name]
    \definefontsynonym [Serif]       [file:fbb-Regular.otf] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [file:fbb-Italic.otf] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [fbb]
  \definetypeface [fbb] [rm] [serif] [fbb] [default]
\stoptypescript

% contex-test1.tex
\usetypescriptfile[type-fbb]
\usetypescript[fbb]
\setupbodyfont[fbb,11pt]
\definefontfeature[default][default][liga=yes,onum=yes]

\starttext
1234567890 ff
\stoptext

% context-test2.tex
\usemodule[simplefonts][size=11pt]
\setmainfont[fbb Regular]
\definefontfeature[default][default][liga=yes,onum=yes]

\starttext
1234567890 ff
\stoptext

% lualatex-test.tex
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle,Ligatures=Historic]{fbb Regular}

\begin{document}
1234567890 ff
\end{document}

Best regards,