[NTG-context] Custom exporters

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:54:21 CEST 2016

Dear list,

inspired by the question »Convert ConTeXt to LaTeX« on TeX.SX [1] I wondered whether the export backend of ConTeXt allows to write custom exporters.  I imagine that the XML backend simply translates ConTeXt markup to XML markup.  Such a translation appears to me to also be feasible for other markup languages such as LaTeX or even Markdown.

If it is possible to write custom exporters, could someone give me a starting point by pointing out the relevant files?

Cheers, Henri

[1] https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/321610