[NTG-context] Hyphenation errors (again or still) in recent mkiv

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:16:34 CEST 2016

On 1 Aug 2016, at 14:40 , Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>
> To: ntg-context at ntg.nl
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Hyphenation errors (again or still) in
> 	recent mkiv
>
> On 8/1/2016 11:52 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Robert Blackstone <mailto:blackstone.robert at gmail.com>
>>> 1. August 2016 um 11:02
>>> On 31 Jul 2016, at 21:06 , Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>
>>>

>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> Here is an example:
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> \mainlanguage[en]
>>> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>>> \setmainfont[Verdana]
>>> \setupbodyfont[10pt]
>>> \contextversion
>>> \showgrid
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \input knuth
>>> \medskip
>>> \input tufte
>>> \stoptext
>> The wrong hyphenation happens also with the default font.
>>
>> %\startexceptions[en]
>> %    would syn-the-size enu-mer-ate
>> %\stopexceptions
>>
>> \starttext \hsize=1mm
>> would synthesize enumerate
>> \stoptext
>
> just wondering, as on my machine and luigi's things run ok .. can this
> be a osx binary issue?
>
> Hans

My apologies for not answering this particular question, other than by saying that indeed I work on a Mac, two in fact, one with  OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks, the other on OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan.
No difference in this respect: they produce the same hyphenation errors in an English text.

To complicate (perhaps) matters a bit: I did some tests with German, French and Italian texts. Compilation with different mkiv - versions produced no differences and no hyphenation errors.
So far I found hyhpenation errors only in English texts compiled with recent mkiv's  on a Mac.

I hope this helps to find a remedy.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone