[NTG-context] \mainlanguage[pe]

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:31:09 CEST 2016

Is there a trick to get over this issue?  Until a conversion mechanism like
what you suggested (\currentdate[persian->day,space,month,persian->month])
is implemented, can I somehow achieve a similar result, perhaps in a not so
clean way?

Can one reduce the result of \currentdate to a simple number by stripping
the additional stuff that is there?  Similarly, can I force \currentdate to
expand or is it a fundamental implementation limitation?

Can I access day, month and year values in Lua, to run some if statements,
etc.?  For instance, if it is the first day of April, change the font of
the document or something like that.

—MHB