[NTG-context] gmane might go off-line soon

Schmitz Thomas A. thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Jul 30 12:27:32 CEST 2016

Hi all (especially the gardeners),

have you seen this post? https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

Long story short: the sole maintainer of gmane is getting fed up with ddos attacks and is thinking about terminating the service. If I’m not mistaken, for the time being, gmane is the only searchable archive of the context mailing list, so this would be a major setback. On the garden, there has been a note for five or six years (I think) that work is being done on archive.contextgarden.net. Maybe the approaching end of gmane would be a good motivation to really do this work?

Thomas