[NTG-context] Question about \definefallback

Jean-Pierre Delange adeimantos at free.fr
Mon Jul 25 11:00:45 CEST 2016

Dear List,

I answer to myself (or I give a solution to the problem I have to face).
As for this precise case (i.e. having multilanguages in the same
document with French as main language, with some words, sentences or
whatever in  Ancient Greek, Chinese and Arabic/Persian/Farsi), the
working solution is the \definefallbackfamily command with the
\definefontfamily (as everybody knows !). In this case, I 've failed to
deal with Arabic/Farsi (when I wanted to print the name of the Arabic
medieval philosopher Fārābī, محمد فارابی

The code was : \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [sans]
[hussaininastaleeq] [range=arabic], and it doesn't work.
I've tried this : \definefallbackfamily[mainface] [serif]
[nafeesnastaleeq] [range=arabic,farsi] and it works.
A beginner's mistake, if I summarize...
JP