[NTG-context] Question about headcommand

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 08:08:18 CEST 2016

> Fabrice Couvreur <mailto:fabrice1.couvreur at gmail.com>
> 22. Juli 2016 um 02:02
> Hi Wolfgang,
> In fact, I wanted to know why the instructions to create a new style
> for the counter were useless (% in the code) .
The settings aren’t useless, the are applied to the counter as intended.

\setupbodyfont[pagella,11pt]

\defineprocessor[ACPROCESSOR][color=red]
\defineconversionset[ACCONVERSION][][ACPROCESSOR->n]

\defineenumeration
   [ex]
   [text=,
    distance=0.3em,
    width=fit,
    numberconversionset=ACCONVERSION,
    alternative=serried]

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}
   {\startex
    \input knuth
    \stopex}

\stoptext
> I think I understand that headnumber sends settings (text and number)
> to the \ACFRAME  command.
The headcommand is applied to the text *and* counter of the enumeration
while numberconversionset
changes on the counter, i.e. when you want a frame only around the
counter you have to use
numberconversionset but when you want a frame around both you have to
use headcommand.

Wolfgang