[NTG-context] emergency stretch not taken in account in some cases

josephcanedo at gmail.com josephcanedo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:48:48 CEST 2016

I think I could figure out the reason of this problem. Actually emergency stretch is broken in all cases it seems. In luatex source code I see:

source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/commands.w:    primitive_tex("emergencystretch",
 assign_dimen_cmd, dimen_base + emergency_stretch_code, dimen_base);

source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/equivalents.h:#define emergency_stretch_par
         glue_par(emergency_stretch_code)

source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/equivalents.h:#  define glue_par(A)  equiv(glue_base+(A))

I could be wrong but to me it seems we assign some value to emergency stretch “variable” setting using “emergencystretch” command and we use another via emergency_stretch_par.

Unfortunately I am not able to build luatex locally on Windows Platform, only sync code from SVN repository.

Thanks a lot,

Joseph Canedo