[NTG-context] emergency stretch not taken in account in some cases

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:10:04 CEST 2016

> josephcanedo at gmail.com <mailto:josephcanedo at gmail.com>
> 18. Juli 2016 um 23:21
> Dear all,
>
> In some cases specifying \setupalign[stretch] does not seem to have
> any effect with latest betas (live, 2016.06.20 22:14 version are fine,
> but 2016.07.18 is not), and the output has now overfulls instead of
> (admitedly a bit large) underfulls.
>
> Attached  simple (albeit bit extreme) MWE. Sorry for the relatively
> large MWE but could not figure out how to make it shorter.
>
> emergency_stretch.pdf produced with latest beta (updated with
> first-setup.bat today).
> emergency_stretch_ok.pdf produced with 2016.06.20 22:14 version.
I can’t reproduce your problem but justified text isn’t the best option
in narrow columns.

Below is a simplified version of your code which doesn’t use the parent
setting from margindata and marginframed setups, there is also no need
to set the alignment twice and marginframed has no method key (the
source is wrong).

\definemargindata
   [InOuter]
   [method=first,
    location=outer,
    margin=margin,
    width=\outermarginwidth,
    style=\tf,
    stack=continue,
    align={normal,hanging,morehyphenation,hz,verytolerant,stretch}]

\definemargindata
   [InInner]
   [method=first,
    location=inner,
    margin=margin,
    width=\innermarginwidth,
    style=\tf,
    align=outer]

\definemarginframed[InOuter]
\definemarginframed[InInner]

%\setuplayout[width=12cm,rightmargin=4cm]

\starttext

Foo \InOuter{\input knuth } Bar.

\stoptext

Wolfgang