[NTG-context] How to extend btx rendering?

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon Jul 18 17:40:57 CEST 2016

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:06:06 +0200
Henri Menke <henrimenke at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I don't want to edit any system files, because this is not
> portable. Also I don't want to have a copy of this file in my project
> directory, because this is just redundant.
>
> How can I add the two fields `eprint` and `archivePrefix` to
> `categories.article.optional` from the document level?

Hi Henri,

eprint and archivePrefix are in no ways standard to bibtex.

But really, an eprint is NOT an *article* until it gets published, and
then it should be cited as an article and not as a preprint.

What you are looking for is a way to attach a label "arXiv:1607.04624"
to the url = {http://arxiv.org/abs/1607.04624}, similarly to how a doi
is handled.

I can easily add the field arxiv to the "aps" rendering as it is
well-defined.

I can also add the field eprint (to be combined with the url field) as
in
  eprint = {arxiv:1607.04624},
  url = {http://arxiv.org/abs/1607.04624},
as this use can be pretty general. But I do *not* like the
archivePrefix use of biblatex as it is a good example of bloat and
feature creep.

So I will modify the aps specifications to be used as

@unpublished{Kudryashov2016,
    title = {Normal State of the Metallic Hydrogen Sulfide},
    author = {Kudryashov, Nikolay A. and Kutukov, Alexander A. and
    Mazur, Evgeny A.},
    year = {2016},
    eprint = {arxiv:1607.04624},
    url = {http://arxiv.org/abs/1607.04624},