[NTG-context] (again) PDF info fields

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 17 23:42:02 CEST 2016

On 7/17/2016 9:29 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hans,
>
> sorry for insisting in this issue. I may be missing consecuences or
> requirements that make impossible its implementation.
>
> I see two inconsistencies in the following output:
>
>   \def\BookTitle{{\itd A \ConTeXt\ Book}}
>   \def\BookAuthor{{\sc The Author}}
>   \setupinteraction[state=start, title=\BookTitle, author=\BookAuthor]
>   \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
>   \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]
>
>   \starttext
>   \chapter{\BookTitle}
>
>   \section{\BookAuthor}
>
>   \subsection{\ConTeXt\ is \TeX, but not \LaTeX}
>   \stoptext
>
> Would it be possible that PDF info fields can have their contents
> prerolled as it happens with bookmarks?

personally i'd never set those fields from macros but directly

anyway, I'll add

\enabledirectives[interaction.identity.preroll]

as yet another example of feature creep

> In the bookmarks, \ConTeXt\ is rendered as ConTEXT. Since “The
> TeXbook” only mentions \TeX and no \TEX, would it be possible to
> preroll \TeX, \ConTeXt and \LaTeX as TeX, ConTeXt and LaTeX?

well, it mentions \TeX but that renders as TEX so changing the
definitions is a bad idea; and you don't want the \ in your case anyway

you can of course do

\appendtoks\def\TEX{TeX}\to\everypreroll