[NTG-context] Access stylistic sets in lucidaot

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 14 19:52:32 CEST 2016

On 7/14/2016 1:30 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have been using the Lucida fonts for long time with LaTeX, either the
> Type 1 version through the `lucimatx` package or the OpenType variants
> with `unicode-math`.  In `unicode-math` there is a straightforward way
> to select stylistic sets, e.g. alternative calligraphic glyphs.
>
> By default the `lucidaot` typescript switches off the alternative math
> italics, but I found a way to reenable them (basically just undoing what
> the typescript does).
>
>> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
>> % get alternative math italics
>> \setupmathrendering[lucidaot][it=]
>> \starttext
>> $\mathcal{C} = f(x)$
>> \stoptext
>
> I only found this by chance; \setupmathrendering is not documented.  Is
> there a more intuitive way to select the alternative math italics?
> Also, is there an easy way to access all the other features defined in
> `lucida-opentype-math.lfg`?  This is the list:
>
>> alternates = {
>>     italic       = { feature = 'ss01', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Lowercase Italic" },
>>     arrow        = { feature = 'ss02', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Smaller Arrows" },
>>     operator     = { feature = 'ss03', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Smaller Operators" },
>>     calligraphic = { feature = 'ss04', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Calligraphic Characters" },
>>     zero         = { feature = 'ss05', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Zero" },
>>     partial      = { feature = 'ss20', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Upright Partial Differential" },
>> },

I extended the mechanism a bit so in the next beta you can do
combinations and a global setup:

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]

\starttext

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{\setmathfontalternate{arrow}
      \setmathfontalternate{dotless}
      \setmathfontalternate{zero}
      i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{\setmathfontalternate{arrow,dotless,zero}
      i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$

\setupmathematics[stylealternative={arrow,dotless,zero}]

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$