[NTG-context] Access stylistic sets in lucidaot

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:30:23 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I have been using the Lucida fonts for long time with LaTeX, either the
Type 1 version through the `lucimatx` package or the OpenType variants
with `unicode-math`.  In `unicode-math` there is a straightforward way
to select stylistic sets, e.g. alternative calligraphic glyphs.

By default the `lucidaot` typescript switches off the alternative math
italics, but I found a way to reenable them (basically just undoing what
the typescript does).

> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> % get alternative math italics
> \setupmathrendering[lucidaot][it=]
> \starttext
> $\mathcal{C} = f(x)$
> \stoptext

I only found this by chance; \setupmathrendering is not documented.  Is
there a more intuitive way to select the alternative math italics?
Also, is there an easy way to access all the other features defined in
`lucida-opentype-math.lfg`?  This is the list:

> alternates = {
>     italic       = { feature = 'ss01', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Lowercase Italic" },
>     arrow        = { feature = 'ss02', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Smaller Arrows" },
>     operator     = { feature = 'ss03', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Smaller Operators" },
>     calligraphic = { feature = 'ss04', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Calligraphic Characters" },
>     zero         = { feature = 'ss05', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Zero" },
>     partial      = { feature = 'ss20', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical Alternative Upright Partial Differential" },
> },

Cheers,
Henri